Monday, February 5, 2007

Instacare and the Sacrament

So this weekend we were in the Instacare because my boyfriend's incision from surgery was a bit infected. They slit it open and drained the fluid. There are now 2 cuts along the incision that we pack with gauze soaked in saline solution. It's pretty cool, actually. The cuts are about an inch deep and the doctors say they will heal from the bottom up.

I was pretty tired this weekend. After being in the Instacare for a while, we got back to my place and he had a hard time getting to sleep. At 3 am he came in my room asking for help. He'd tried to change the dressing himself and there was blood all over the bathroom. I'm not queasy, so cleaning it up only took a bit of time and then I got him all bandaged and back to bed. But Sunday morning I was a bit raw.

It was Fast Sunday, which in my church means you fast for 2 meals and pray for whatever you'd like help with. So I was fasting for help with my finances. This has been expensive... medications, doctor's visits, overdue cell phone bills. And I can tell you, the church is good. Without me saying anything, my local leader called me in to ask if I needed help dealing with this financially. He knew that I'd been shouldering much of this burden myself and he offered to help. I feel really blessed. I know the Lord is looking out for us.

It's weird, if I was reading this, I'd tell me to reconsider things. But I know this is the path for me. He is on the mend. After this surgery, all the disease is gone and we won't have to deal with it. We are happy, even with all of this swirling around us. I trust that he'll heal and be able to support me in return.

No comments: